Ryan: Romney will hit Obama in debates
Would he pack a punch and take it to Obama?
"Absolutely," Ryan said, responding to a woman who said she was concerned after watching GOP presidential nominee John McCain debate Obama in 2008. "One little difference between then and now, President Obama has a record and President Obama has a record and a string of broken promises."
Ryan said that the Republican ticket owes the electorate alternatives to the policies of the last four years. Recent polls have shown Romney trailing Obama is several key swing states, sparking criticism that the campaign has not offered sufficient details of its alternative vision.
"We are not simply asking you to fire Barack Obama because he's not worth re-hiring," Ryan said. "We're asking you to fire Barack Obama because we are worth hiring because we have better ideas."
Popular in Politics
- Michelle Obama decries "slander" that educated blacks are "trying to act white" Play Video
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 272 Comments
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 176 Comments
- Obama: Racism is no excuse for not excelling Play Video
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum 116 Comments
- Both parties vow to "get to the bottom" of IRS scandal