Ryan: Romney will hit Obama in debates
Would he pack a punch and take it to Obama?
"Absolutely," Ryan said, responding to a woman who said she was concerned after watching GOP presidential nominee John McCain debate Obama in 2008. "One little difference between then and now, President Obama has a record and President Obama has a record and a string of broken promises."
Ryan said that the Republican ticket owes the electorate alternatives to the policies of the last four years. Recent polls have shown Romney trailing Obama is several key swing states, sparking criticism that the campaign has not offered sufficient details of its alternative vision.
"We are not simply asking you to fire Barack Obama because he's not worth re-hiring," Ryan said. "We're asking you to fire Barack Obama because we are worth hiring because we have better ideas."
Popular in Politics
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows
- Jesse Jackson Jr. asks to serve jail sentence before wife
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 210 Comments
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 105 Comments
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial 289 Comments
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- Treasury secretary's loopy signature is now less loopy
- IRS scandal: Is partisanship overshadowing facts? 173 Comments