Madonna endorses Obama, calls him Muslim
Politico reports that at the concert in Washington, D.C., Madonna told voters that the fact that we "have a black Muslim in the White House" is evidence that there is "hope" in America.
"Y'all better vote for f******g Obama, OK? For better or for worse, we have a black Muslim in the White House," Madonna said, according to the report. "That's some amazing s**t. It means there is hope in this country."
She also said Obama "is fighting for gay rights," entreating the crowd to "support the man goddamnit!"
According to The Hill, Madonna took her shirt off and pulled her pants down at one point to reveal that "OBAMA" was written on her lower back.
According to a July report from the Pew Research Center, approximately 17 percent of Americans believe Obama is Muslim. It's unclear whether Madonna is among those voters, or whether she was being facetious.
Popular in Politics
- FBI director acknowledges domestic drone use
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story" 257 Comments
- Smooth, on-time Obamacare rollout no sure thing: GAO
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 369 Comments
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- Obama renews push for a nuclear disarmament legacy
- GOP Sen. Murkowski backs same-sex marriage