Madonna endorses Obama, calls him Muslim
Politico reports that at the concert in Washington, D.C., Madonna told voters that the fact that we "have a black Muslim in the White House" is evidence that there is "hope" in America.
"Y'all better vote for f******g Obama, OK? For better or for worse, we have a black Muslim in the White House," Madonna said, according to the report. "That's some amazing s**t. It means there is hope in this country."
She also said Obama "is fighting for gay rights," entreating the crowd to "support the man goddamnit!"
According to The Hill, Madonna took her shirt off and pulled her pants down at one point to reveal that "OBAMA" was written on her lower back.
According to a July report from the Pew Research Center, approximately 17 percent of Americans believe Obama is Muslim. It's unclear whether Madonna is among those voters, or whether she was being facetious.
Popular in Politics
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 165 Comments
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 327 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 346 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people 262 Comments
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016 243 Comments
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 416 Comments