Romney has $50.4 million for fall sprint
Romney on Thursday filed documents with the Federal Election Commission showing he raised about $66.6 million in August. He spent $66.4 million. Romney also took out a $20 million loan on Aug. 22. He's already paid $5 million back to the Bank of Georgetown.
Romney couldn't spend money raised for the general election until becoming his party's nominee in late August. He used general election money as collateral for the loan.
Romney and the Republican Party raised more than $111 million combined. That was less than President Barack Obama and the Democrats, who raised more than $114 million.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- The Ted Cruz conundrum
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- As summer approaches, sequestration threatens holiday fun
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 200 Comments
- Senator: Oklahoma "hit hard, but we're not knocked out"
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Obama prom pictures surface