Romney has $50.4 million for fall sprint
Romney on Thursday filed documents with the Federal Election Commission showing he raised about $66.6 million in August. He spent $66.4 million. Romney also took out a $20 million loan on Aug. 22. He's already paid $5 million back to the Bank of Georgetown.
Romney couldn't spend money raised for the general election until becoming his party's nominee in late August. He used general election money as collateral for the loan.
Romney and the Republican Party raised more than $111 million combined. That was less than President Barack Obama and the Democrats, who raised more than $114 million.
Popular in Politics
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 670 Comments
- Obama to view Oklahoma tornado damage Sunday
- Christie: Keep politics out of Oklahoma disaster relief
- WH says criticism of its handling of IRS story is "legitimate"
- Former Miss America might challenge McConnell
- House passes GOP bill to speed Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor 121 Comments