Bill O'Reilly and Jon Stewart to debate in D.C.
(CBS News) Frenemies till the end, Comedy Central's Jon Stewart and Fox News' Bill O'Reilly just announced their intention to go another round, but this time we have to pay to watch it live.
The two have squared off on each other's shows before, and now they've set up a more formal venue for the October 6 debate: The George Washington University Lisner Auditorium.
"O'Reilly v Stewart 2012: The Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium" will be available for live streaming online for $4.95. The website for the event says half the proceeds will go to various charities.
"In order to illuminate the vital issues in the upcoming presidential election, Stewart and I will debate man to man, eye to eye - well, not really, he's a tiny guy," O'Reilly said on his show Monday.
O'Reilly then said the debates will have the same format as the presidential debates, "without all the phoniness and pomposity."
Popular in Politics
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 251 Comments
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 125 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 361 Comments
- Obama: Racism is no excuse for not excelling Play Video
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 422 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups 72 Comments
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 357 Comments
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare