Rodeo announcer rebuked for off-color Obama joke
"Playboy is offering Ann Romney $250,000 to pose in the magazine, and the White House is upset about it because National Geographic only offered Michelle Obama $50 to pose for them," the San Luis Obispo Tribune reported how audience member Dona Wilson recounted the joke.
At least one member of the Creston Classic Rodeo has called on the announcer, Ed Kutz, to apologize.
"I can't speak for the board, but I myself think that this is unacceptable behavior or conduct by the announcer," said Mike Barrett in The Tribune. "I find it offensive, and I think that it's conduct unbecoming the rodeo announcer."
According to the rodeo's website, Creston is a small town on the Central California coast. The annual rodeo attracts cowboys and cowgirls from around California to compete in the three-day event "that carries on the tradition of the hard-working pioneers that founded Creston."
Popular in Politics
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 203 Comments
- Jesse Jackson Jr. asks to serve jail sentence before wife
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows
- Obama: "Very easy to slip-slide" into deeper Syrian involvement 91 Comments
- IRS scandal: Is partisanship overshadowing facts? 172 Comments
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story"
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial
- Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voting law 934 Comments