Rodeo announcer rebuked for off-color Obama joke
"Playboy is offering Ann Romney $250,000 to pose in the magazine, and the White House is upset about it because National Geographic only offered Michelle Obama $50 to pose for them," the San Luis Obispo Tribune reported how audience member Dona Wilson recounted the joke.
At least one member of the Creston Classic Rodeo has called on the announcer, Ed Kutz, to apologize.
"I can't speak for the board, but I myself think that this is unacceptable behavior or conduct by the announcer," said Mike Barrett in The Tribune. "I find it offensive, and I think that it's conduct unbecoming the rodeo announcer."
According to the rodeo's website, Creston is a small town on the Central California coast. The annual rodeo attracts cowboys and cowgirls from around California to compete in the three-day event "that carries on the tradition of the hard-working pioneers that founded Creston."
Popular in Politics
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 74 Comments
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 151 Comments
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial
- Bill Ayers: Obama should be tried for war crimes
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 213 Comments
- Smooth, on-time Obamacare rollout no sure thing: GAO