Plane crash probe forces Romney to cancel event
(CBS News) An ongoing investigation into a fatal early-morning plane crash in Pueblo, Colo., led Mitt Romney's campaign to cancel plans for a Sunday afternoon rally in the southern Colorado city.
Pueblo police said the crash of an "experimental plane" around 9 a.m. at the Pueblo Memorial Airport killed one person who was on the plane. forcing the closure of two runways, according to the Pueblo Chieftain newspaper. The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the incident.
"We do not want to interfere with the investigation of any emergency response efforts," Romney spokesman Rick Gorka said in an email.
Popular in Politics
- FBI director acknowledges domestic drone use 148 Comments
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story" 259 Comments
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 82 Comments
- Next up for Obama: Major effort on climate change
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 596 Comments
- IRS readying to pay $70M in employee bonuses, senator says
- Smooth, on-time Obamacare rollout no sure thing: GAO