Obama makes birth certificate joke
(CBS News) President Obama visited a Florida restaurant Saturday and the pool reporter covering him said he seemed "pretty relaxed". She wasn't kidding.
The president stopped into Gator's Dockside restaurant in Orlando and schmoozed with families who were enjoying dinner.
At one large table of 10, which included five kids, a woman pointed to one of the children, seven-year-old Andre Wupperman, and said, "He was born in Hawaii."
Mr. Obama stopped, flashed a Hawaiian hand sign and used the opportunity to poke fun at an issue he wasn't poking fun at when his critics were hammering him about it.
"You were born in Hawaii?" he asked the boy before following up.
"You have a birth certificate?"
The table erupted in laughter.
Popular in Politics
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 177 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 351 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups 66 Comments
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 327 Comments
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare 40 Comments
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016
- Immigration deal reached in House