In new ad, Clinton says "we need to keep going" with Obama
"The Republican plan is to cut more taxes on upper income people and go back to deregulation. That's what got us in trouble in the first place," Mr. Clinton says speaking to the camera. "President Obama has a plan to rebuild America from the ground up, investing in innovation, education and job training. It only works if there is a strong middle class."
"That's what happened when I was president. We need to keep going with his plan," Clinton concludes.
The GOP ad, released Wednesday, featured archived footage of Mr. Clinton speaking about welfare reform in 1996. In the spot, Republicans insinuate that President Obama gutted work requirements for welfare recipients, a claim that has been refuted by independent analysis.
The Obama ad, "Clear choice," will air in battleground states of New Hampshire, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Colorado, Nevada.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 187 Comments
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Palin Image: Confident, Secure Play Video
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 293 Comments
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester