While criticizing GOP Medicare plan, Biden recalls a story about his mother
"We had to lie to my mom and tell her 'no, honey, this is all covered by your Medicare,'" Biden said to 1,000 ticketed supporters. "This is all covered by the sale of your home-- which it wasn't-- because do you know any parent who wants to be a burden for their children?"
The vice president suggested the Medicare plan proposed in the budget of Mitt Romney's running mate, Paul Ryan, would create more of a hardship for seniors.
Over the weekend, Ryan campaigned with his mother at a senior community in Florida to tout his Medicare plan.
"Mitt Romney and I will protect and strengthen Medicare so that the promises that were made, that people organized their retirements around like my mom, will be promises that are kept," Ryan said Saturday.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 175 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 286 Comments
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- Now, some unions upset over Obamacare
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester