While criticizing GOP Medicare plan, Biden recalls a story about his mother
"We had to lie to my mom and tell her 'no, honey, this is all covered by your Medicare,'" Biden said to 1,000 ticketed supporters. "This is all covered by the sale of your home-- which it wasn't-- because do you know any parent who wants to be a burden for their children?"
The vice president suggested the Medicare plan proposed in the budget of Mitt Romney's running mate, Paul Ryan, would create more of a hardship for seniors.
Over the weekend, Ryan campaigned with his mother at a senior community in Florida to tout his Medicare plan.
"Mitt Romney and I will protect and strengthen Medicare so that the promises that were made, that people organized their retirements around like my mom, will be promises that are kept," Ryan said Saturday.
Popular in Politics
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 308 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 322 Comments
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 404 Comments
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people 261 Comments
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016 241 Comments