Michelle Obama explains Kiss Cam kerfuffle
Michelle Obama got personal with late night host Jay Leno on Monday, explaining why she and the president didn't initially partake in the Kiss Cam tradition at a sporting event a few weeks ago.
"I didn't know we were supposed to kiss!" she said in a taping of the "Tonight Show" to air Monday night.
(Leno asks Obama what she's most proud of in first term.)
The First Lady revealed it was Malia Obama who orchestrated her parents' second Kiss Cam appearance.
"After the second half, she said, I've arranged for you to get another chance on the kiss cam."
The Obamas were booed for not smooching the first time their faces popped up on the jumbotron.
"I'm still a little embarrassed," she shared.
Mrs. Obama also discussed what she's most proud of in her husband's first term - health care reform - and ribbed gymnast Gabby Douglas for celebrating her Olympic gold medal wins with an Egg McMuffin from McDonald's.
Healthy eating is one of the First Lady's biggest initiatives. "You're setting me back, Gabby," she joked with Douglas, who was also a "Tonight Show" guest.
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface 80 Comments
- Obama: America at a "crossroads" in fighting terrorism 86 Comments
- IRS official Lois Lerner placed on leave
- Drones, Gitmo part of broad Obama counterterrorism speech
- Protester heckles Obama during counterterrorism speech Play Video
- Lawmakers push to punish sexual offenders in the military
- Boehner calls out Obama administration's "arrogance of power" 88 Comments
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong"