Michelle Obama explains Kiss Cam kerfuffle
Michelle Obama got personal with late night host Jay Leno on Monday, explaining why she and the president didn't initially partake in the Kiss Cam tradition at a sporting event a few weeks ago.
"I didn't know we were supposed to kiss!" she said in a taping of the "Tonight Show" to air Monday night.
(Leno asks Obama what she's most proud of in first term.)
The First Lady revealed it was Malia Obama who orchestrated her parents' second Kiss Cam appearance.
"After the second half, she said, I've arranged for you to get another chance on the kiss cam."
The Obamas were booed for not smooching the first time their faces popped up on the jumbotron.
"I'm still a little embarrassed," she shared.
Mrs. Obama also discussed what she's most proud of in her husband's first term - health care reform - and ribbed gymnast Gabby Douglas for celebrating her Olympic gold medal wins with an Egg McMuffin from McDonald's.
Healthy eating is one of the First Lady's biggest initiatives. "You're setting me back, Gabby," she joked with Douglas, who was also a "Tonight Show" guest.
Popular in Politics
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 413 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 438 Comments
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor 116 Comments
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test
- Obama to view Oklahoma tornado damage Sunday
- Christie: Keep politics out of Oklahoma disaster relief
- Will tornado relief funding escape politics?
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 218 Comments