Romney campaign cancels Rubio trip to Colorado
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio was planning on coming to Colorado for a campaign event this coming Saturday, but the campaign has decided to cancel the trip in the wake of last Friday's massacre at a movie screening of "Dark Knight Rising" in Aurora.
Rubio will still campaign in Las Vegas on Saturday, where he'll visit his old elementary school and hold a rally. The trip will mark Rubio's first time heading out on the trail to stump for Romney on his own.
Romney is currently on an international campaign swing. He is in London today and will be in Israel over the weekend, before heading to Poland.
(Romney called for unity in remarks immediately following the shooting on Friday.)
Rubio is the only possible running mate that Romney has publicly said is being vetted for the position. With the Republican National Convention a month away, Romney is expected to announce his decision within the coming weeks.
Popular in Politics
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 285 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 314 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 396 Comments
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people 260 Comments
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016 231 Comments
- FBI seeks anonymous source behind Menendez allegations