Chris Christie "by the numbers"
(CBS News) The New Jersey governor's office somehow managed to determine that the "Late Show with David Letterman" has made 327,832 fat jokes about Chris Christie. As for the number of questions he's received about running for either president or vice president? His aides could only summarize, "Too many to count."
A press release titled "Chris Christie by the numbers" went up on the governor's website Wednesday, taking "a look back at everything across three balanced budgets." Ranging everywhere from Twitter followers (125,820) to bills vetoed (39) to Politifact.com ratings of "Pants on Fire" (four), the list boils down to the apparent point of the list: "Tax increases: 0."
The infographic is likely just a reminder to Christie's constituents, or his office merely having some fun, but it will surely kick up the dust that had somewhat settled around his speculated role in presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney's veepstakes consideration.
Take a look:
Popular in Politics
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 170 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 348 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 327 Comments
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people 262 Comments
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 416 Comments