Pelosi grooves to classic rock at Barney Frank's wedding
(CBS News) Celebrating what was billed as "the wedding of the century for liberal gay Democratic politics," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., became something of a fixture Saturday night on the dance floor at a Marriott in Newton, Mass., first taking the hand of Terry Bean, co-best man to the groom, Rep. Barney Frank, as "Sharp-Dressed Man" blared over the speakers, and later swaying alone to "It's Raining Men."
Rep. Frank, D-Mass., married his longtime partner Jim Ready in a ceremony officiated by Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., and Gov. Deval Patrick, D-Mass., and attended by congressional Democratic bigwigs; Pelosi, Rep. Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, and Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, D-Md., were among the guests.
But while the nature of the occasion was one of unity, the wedding wasn't devoid of politics. Following cake-cutting at the reception, the wedding party passed out sheets of lyrics, modified by Ready, to the tune "Low Rider," according to the New York Times.
"All my friends are voting Obama," the guests sang. "Take a little trip. Take a little trip. To help the economy. Take a little trip. Take a little trip. To help beat the GOP!"
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 186 Comments
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Palin Image: Confident, Secure Play Video
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 293 Comments