Rep. Quayle resurrects Obama "worst president" criticism
(CBS News) Rep. Ben Quayle, R-Ariz., is recycling a theme from his 2010 campaign, calling President Obama the "worst president in history" in a new TV ad out Tuesday.
"President Obama has failed the country," Quayle says in the ad.
"Two years ago I called him the worst president in history. I overestimated him."
It will be interesting to see if Democrats recycle their 2010 response by calling Quayle's father, former vice president Dan Quayle, "the worst vice president in history."
Time Magazine included Dan Quayle, who served under President George H.W. Bush from 1989-93, on a list of the 15 "worst vice presidents," citing "his constant verbal gaffes" which "made him a political laughingstock."
Currently, Rep. Quayle is running in a competitive primary against incumbent Rep. David Schweikert, R-Ariz.
He switched districts earlier this year after redistricting made his current district less Republican-friendly. The primary is Aug. 28.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 194 Comments
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- As summer approaches, sequestration threatens holiday fun
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 309 Comments
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester