Rep. Quayle resurrects Obama "worst president" criticism
(CBS News) Rep. Ben Quayle, R-Ariz., is recycling a theme from his 2010 campaign, calling President Obama the "worst president in history" in a new TV ad out Tuesday.
"President Obama has failed the country," Quayle says in the ad.
"Two years ago I called him the worst president in history. I overestimated him."
It will be interesting to see if Democrats recycle their 2010 response by calling Quayle's father, former vice president Dan Quayle, "the worst vice president in history."
Time Magazine included Dan Quayle, who served under President George H.W. Bush from 1989-93, on a list of the 15 "worst vice presidents," citing "his constant verbal gaffes" which "made him a political laughingstock."
Currently, Rep. Quayle is running in a competitive primary against incumbent Rep. David Schweikert, R-Ariz.
He switched districts earlier this year after redistricting made his current district less Republican-friendly. The primary is Aug. 28.
Popular in Politics
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 69 Comments
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 127 Comments
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial
- Bill Ayers: Obama should be tried for war crimes
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 213 Comments
- Treasury secretary's loopy signature is now less loopy