Ron Paul to host pre-GOP convention event
Paul's communications director Jesse Benton told Hotsheet that the Texas congressman's public event will "celebrate our delegates" and feature "Liberty minded Republican speakers."
Paul will attend the convention with an army of loyal delegates. Although Paul has stopped campaigning, he continues to rack up delegates in states around the country. Most recently, he won a majority of delegates in Iowa. He also won a majority of delegates in Nevada and Maine - all states he did not win during the caucuses or elections.
The Paul campaign is urging order and respect at the convention, instead of disrupting proceedings to ensure Paul receives sufficient recognition.
Benton said Paul's event will be the only pre-convention event he will attend. His supporters have organized a three-day Paul Festival complete with "Liberty bands" and speakers from August 24 - 26.
Also, during the three days before the convention in Tampa, the Freedom Festival 2010 will be held at a venue between Orlando and Tampa. Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson will speak at that event.
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 434 Comments
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 126 Comments
- Senate committee approves immigration bill
- Poll: Most think IRS targeting was deliberate 172 Comments
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK 1200 Comments
- Obama: "Full focus" is on recovery from Oklahoma tornado 85 Comments
- U.S. IDs several men possibly responsible for Benghazi attack
- Former IRS chief: "I can't say" what led to IRS targeting