Nancy Reagan marks 8th anniversary of husband's death
Victoria Angulo,AP Photo/The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation(CBS News) Former First Lady Nancy Reagan visited former President Ronald Reagan's grave today at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, Calif., to mark the eighth anniversary of his death. The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation released the poignant photo above of Mrs. Reagan's visit, where she laid flowers on the grave.
The 40th president died on June 5, 2004, at age 93, after battling Alzheimer's disease for 10 years.
Popular in Politics
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 150 Comments
- Jesse Jackson Jr. asks to serve jail sentence before wife
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story" 241 Comments
- Obama: "Very easy to slip-slide" into deeper Syrian involvement
- IRS scandal: Is partisanship overshadowing facts? 157 Comments
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial 299 Comments
- Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voting law 871 Comments
- Former critic McCaskill pushes for Hillary Clinton 2016 bid