Ron Paul wins majority of delegates in Minnesota
The strong state convention turnout means that the Republican presidential candidate will receive 32 of the 40 Minnesota delegates for the Republican National Convention in Tampa in August, according to the Twin Cities Pioneer Press.
Paul placed second in Minnesota's February 7 caucuses, with 27 percent support behind Rick Santorum, who won 45 percent.
The Texas congressman announced last week that he would stop actively campaigning in states yet to vote, and rather work to organize to win delegates for the convention - a strategy that proved successful in Minnesota this weekend as well as in Nevada and Maine, where he also won a majority of delegates earlier this month.
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 438 Comments
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 343 Comments
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor 114 Comments
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test
- Christie: Keep politics out of Oklahoma disaster relief
- Will tornado relief funding escape politics?
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 216 Comments
- Va. GOP candidate won't apologize for comments on abortion, gays