Hotsheet Live: Will Ann Romney vs. Hilary Rosen matter to voters?
CBS News correspondent Whit Johnson was joined on Hotsheet Live on Friday by CBS News political director John Dickerson and the Huffington Post senior political reporter Jon Ward to discuss Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen's comments directed toward Ann Romney.
"What was different here was that she was now playing offense," Dickerson said of Mrs. Romney's new role in the campaign.
Dickerson added that President Obama was forced into damage control in order to distance his campaign from Rosen. "This was a three-alarm fire they were trying to put out," he said.
Ward and Dickerson both said it's difficult to predict whether Rosen's comments will have an impact on the general election, but Ward said it's too early to dismiss them.
"I think people who say it doesn't matter at all are dismissing sort of the patchwork nature of a campaign where voters are making up their minds a day at a time," Ward said.
Watch the entire show above, which also includes a report from CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller in Tampa where Mr. Obama was about to give a speech on Friday.
Popular in Politics
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 455 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor
- Obama to view Oklahoma tornado damage Sunday
- Christie: Keep politics out of Oklahoma disaster relief
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test
- Will tornado relief funding escape politics? 47 Comments
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 219 Comments