Obama to heckler: "Show me some courtesy"
President Obama chided a heckler at rally on Thursday at Ohio State University, telling the man, " sir, I'm hear to speak to these folks, you can hold your own rally, you're being rude."
The crowd erupted in cheers supporting the president but the man kept shouting. He wanted to give Mr. Obama a book.
With a grin on his face, Mr. Obama said he would be happy to read the book and added, "show me some courtesy."
The president motioned to Secret Service to get the book from the man.
According to CBS News White House producer Jeff Goldman, the man was not escorted out but did quiet down.
Watch it above at left.
Popular in Politics
- Michelle Obama decries "slander" that educated blacks are "trying to act white" Play Video
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 170 Comments
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet
- Obama: Racism is no excuse for not excelling Play Video
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum 108 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 363 Comments
- Obama to discuss legality of drone program