Obama makes birth certificate joke at White House St. Patrick's Day reception
President Obama celebrated his Irish roots again Tuesday evening, with a St. Patrick's Day reception at the White House.
Irish Prime Minister Edna Kenny presented the president with a Certificate of Irish Heritage. Upon accepting the certificate, Mr. Obama joked, "This will have a special place of honor, alongside my birth certificate."
Democratic Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley and his celtic rock band "O'Malley's March" provided the evening's entertainment, or as Mr. Obama put it, "rocked the White House."
On the actual holiday last Saturday, Mr. Obama enjoyed a Guinness on a surprise visit to the Dubliner Restaurant and Pub in Washington.
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 434 Comments
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 126 Comments
- Senate committee approves immigration bill
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK 1200 Comments
- Poll: Most think IRS targeting was deliberate 172 Comments
- Obama: "Full focus" is on recovery from Oklahoma tornado 85 Comments
- U.S. IDs several men possibly responsible for Benghazi attack
- Former IRS chief: "I can't say" what led to IRS targeting