Ron Paul gets boost from crossover voters in Vermont and Virginia
Almost a third of the independent voters in Virginia voted for Ron Paul. In contrast to this, over 70 percent of Republicans voted for Mitt Romney. Half of Paul's votes came from independents and another 7 percent came from Democrats.
In Vermont, 38 percent of independents voted for Paul as did 42 percent of Democrats. Almost 60 percent of Ron Paul's voters were independents and another 15 percent were Democrats. Only 13 percent of Republican voters in Vermont voted for Paul. Romney won half of the Republican voters in the Vermont primary.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- The Ted Cruz conundrum
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- As summer approaches, sequestration threatens holiday fun
- Senators lack votes on immigration despite progress
- Senator: Oklahoma "hit hard, but we're not knocked out"
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 204 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms