Jimmy Fallon takes on Michelle Obama in potato sack race
First lady Michelle Obama's "Let's Move Initiative" challenge might not be the next Olympic sport, but it was the latest duel between the first lady and "Late Night" television host Jimmy Fallon. And let's face it, no competition is complete with out a potato sack race.
At the White House, Mrs. Obama challenged Fallon to five physical challenges, which began only after Fallon changed from his royal blue spandex unitard into more presentable - and less form fitting - attire.
With "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, the first lady handily won the push-up and dodge ball challenge. But Fallon dominated tug-of-war and hula hooping.
The tie-breaker came down to an intense potato sack race. The nail-bitter ended with a Mrs. Obama victory after Fallon took a nose dive.
Although playing dodge ball inside the White House would be a thrill for most, Fallon and the first lady sought to raise awareness for her "Let's Move Initiative" for children health.
After the race was complete and Mrs. Obama was determined the winner through a not-so-complicated scoring mechanism of pencil, paper and check-marks, Fallon said in defeat, "The most important thing for the kids to learn is that it's all about being active and having fun. It doesn't matter if you won or lost."
"It matters," Mrs. Obama responded wearing a gold medal around her neck.
The first lady is on a media tour to promote her "Let's Move" initiative. On "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," last week, both women dropped to the floor for a round of push-ups.
Popular in Politics
- FBI director acknowledges domestic drone use
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story" 258 Comments
- Smooth, on-time Obamacare rollout no sure thing: GAO
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 388 Comments
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- Obama renews push for a nuclear disarmament legacy
- GOP Sen. Murkowski backs same-sex marriage