Allen West on redistricting: "No one's gonna lay a trap for me"
Tea Party-linked GOP Rep. Allen West (R-FL) is taking the possibility that the Republican establishment wants him out of office -- as suggested by a number of conservative bloggers -- in stride.
In an interview Thursday, West discussed CBS News Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson the newly-drawn political map in Florida that made his own district more competitive -- a map drawn by the GOP-controlled Florida legislature. West announced earlier this week that he will seek re-election in a new district to increase his odds of victory.
"No one's gonna lay a trap for me," he said.
Check out CBSNews.com's interview with West at left, in which he also offers his thoughts on Mitt Romney's big win in Florida and other topics.
Popular in Politics
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 170 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 327 Comments
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people 262 Comments
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016 243 Comments
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 416 Comments