Todd Palin endorses Gingrich in GOP race
"Newt Gingrich is a true leader, which he has proven not only since the beginning of his campaign, but throughout his caree," Palin said in a statement. "Just like Sarah, Newt has faced many successes and challenges. Despite his consultants leaving him last summer, Newt is still standing because of his ideas and his success in the debates - not by spending millions of dollars in campaign ads. From Day One, he has focused on how we can create jobs to get Americans back to work. This is a true testament to his leadership, commitment and hard work.
Palin called himself a political independent, and said he believes Gingrich can work with both Republicans and Democrats. Palin's decision to put in a good word for Gingrich could be helpful with the tea party Republicans who catapulted Sarah Palin to political fame.
Popular in Politics
- Michelle Obama decries "slander" that educated blacks are "trying to act white" Play Video
- Both parties vow to "get to the bottom" of IRS scandal 95 Comments
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 246 Comments
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum 200 Comments
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 193 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"