Ron Paul mocks Huntsman with tweet about "one Iowa voter"
In a close three-way contest with Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum for the lead in Tuesday's Iowa caucus, Ron Paul taunted the one candidate who is not even competing in the Hawkeye state.
The Texas lawmaker took on Jon Huntsman, who is betting his candidacy on next week's New Hampshire primary, tweeting: "@jonhuntsman we found your one Iowa voter, he's in Linn precinct 5 you might want to call him and say thanks."
Initially thought by the campaign to be the result an unauthorized hack, staffers deleted the tweet before putting it back online, Paul spokesman Gary Howard told CBS News/National Journal.
Huntsman has yet to reply on Twitter.
No word on whether or not Paul tweets for himself on the account, which is verified by Twitter.
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 435 Comments
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 130 Comments
- U.S. IDs several men possibly responsible for Benghazi attack
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK 1204 Comments
- Obama: "Full focus" is on recovery from Oklahoma tornado 89 Comments
- IRS scandal highlights leadership vacancies