Herman Cain sees himself running the Pentagon
Herman Cain isn't on the debate stage in Sioux City, Iowa Thursday night, but the former presidential hopeful is still making some headlines.
The ex-Godfather's Pizza CEO said he could see himself as Defense Secretary in an interview with ABC's Barbara Walters for her yearly special, "The 10 Most Fascinating People."
"If I could influence the rebuilding of our military in the way it should be, that would be a task I would consider," Cain said when Walters asked which cabinet position he would like.
During his presidential campaign, he was criticized for weak foreign policy experience, infamously botching an answer on Libya. Cain had incorrectly asserted that Libya was home to Taliban insurgents.
"I have been doing my homework ever since that difficulty," Cain said in Walters' interview.
Cain's presidential campaign ended amidst allegations of sexual harassment and a 13-year extra-marital affair, though the businessman consistently denied the allegations.
Popular in Politics
- Michelle Obama decries "slander" that educated blacks are "trying to act white" Play Video
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 172 Comments
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington
- Obama: Racism is no excuse for not excelling Play Video
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum 110 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
- Obama to discuss legality of drone program