Obama campaign makes first, "tiny" ad buy
The Obama campaign has made its first ad buy, albeit a "tiny" one.
A senior Obama 2012 campaign aide says the buy is intended more as a test to see if people will sign up with the campaign than as a full-blown television spot.
Two different ads, part of the same ad buy, will air nationally on satellite.
The ads are after the jump.
I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message. I need you to do me a favor - it'll only take a minute. The 2012 campaign is underway, and the outcome will depend not on what I do, but on what you do. Starting right now, call the number on your screen or visit JoinObama.com to help build our campaign in your community. It's up to you to fight for the values we all share. Don't sit this one out.
It starts with one person making a decision -- that things need to change, and they're going to help change them. That person finds another person who shares their values. They go out and find a few more -- and before long, neighborhoods come together. Communities organize. A movement builds. It all starts with you, making a decision to get involved -- because we've got so much more to do. Call the number on your screen or visit JoinObama.com to let me know you're in.
Popular in Politics
- Obama to view Oklahoma tornado damage Sunday
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 670 Comments
- Christie: Keep politics out of Oklahoma disaster relief
- WH says criticism of its handling of IRS story is "legitimate"
- Former Miss America might challenge McConnell
- House passes GOP bill to speed Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor 121 Comments