What top national security issues should Republican candidates address?
CBS News senior national security analyst Juan Zarate says the drawdown of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan is going to a top issue at Saturday's Republican debate in South Carolina, sponsored by CBS News and National Journal.
"How do these contenders suggest that the US can actually poster itself as we begin this drawdown, currently in Iraq ending in 2011 and then Afghanistan looking at 2014?" Zarate asked.
Watch Zarate's full discussion with CBS News national security correspondent Bob Orr to the left.
If you have your own questions on national security and foreign policy for the candidates, we invite you submit your question here and they could be used in the debate.
CBSNews.com's "Hotsheet Live" will be previewing the CBS News/National Journal debate all week, including reports from the debate site in South Carolina and on the campaign trail.
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 435 Comments
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 127 Comments
- U.S. IDs several men possibly responsible for Benghazi attack
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK 1204 Comments
- Obama: "Full focus" is on recovery from Oklahoma tornado 87 Comments
- IRS scandal highlights leadership vacancies