Sarah Palin to Appear on "Oprah" to Push Book
Former Alaska governor and Republican Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin will appear on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on November 16th – one day before the release of her memoir, "Going Rogue: An American Life."
The interview will mark the first meeting between Palin and Winfrey, who campaigned for Barack Obama during the presidential campaign. She had never previously endorsed a candidate.
There is perhaps no better platform than Winfrey's show to drum up sales for a book: Her "Book Club" has consistently driven books to the bestseller list.
Palin did a round of largely ill-received interviews with media organizations, including CBS News, during last year's presidential campaign; she has yet to appear on any of the late-night talk shows, where she has been a regular target. (She did make a memorable appearance on "Saturday Night Live.")
There are two other public appearances on Palin's calendar: A November 6th event at a Wisconsin Right to Life event in Milwaukee and a December 2nd event at the College of the Ozarks in Missouri. But the Winfrey appearance is by far the most high-profile appearance, and is being billed as her first interview to discuss the book.
"Going Rogue" rose to the top of the Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com sales rankings more than a month and a half before its release, thanks to preorders. The initial printing for the book is 1.5 million copies, matching the initial printing for Ted Kennedy's recent memoir, "True Compass."
Popular in Politics
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 317 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 333 Comments
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 113 Comments
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 406 Comments
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people 261 Comments
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016 242 Comments