Palin Won't Appear at Reagan Library Event
For those looking forward to hearing what former Gov. Sarah Palin, R-Alaska, was going to say at the Simi Valley Republican Women's event on Aug. 8 at the Ronald Reagan Library, you can stop holding your breath. She's not attending.
(AP Photo )
Palin's spokeswoman attempted to clear the issue up in a posting on Palin's Facebook page last night.
"As repeatedly stated to several in the media over the last week, former Governor Sarah Palin is not committed to attend the Simi Valley Republican Women's event at the Reagan Library and in fact is not attending the event. Neither the Governor's state staff nor SarahPAC has ever committed to attending this event or speaking at this event, and even requested that the Governor's name be removed from the invitation several weeks ago. The Governor has other work and commitments to take care of at that time. "She looks forward to visiting her friends in California soon.
"All event requests must be confirmed with Meghan Stapleton of SarahPAC. Additionally, all invitations bearing the Governor's name must be approved by her attorney before proceeding.
Note: This post originally appeared within Politics Today, Hotsheet's daily inside look at the key stories driving the day in politics.
Popular in Politics
- Poll: Most think IRS targeting was deliberate 108 Comments
- IRS scandal highlights leadership vacancies
- Obama: "Full focus" is on recovery from Oklahoma tornado
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK 807 Comments
- Former IRS chief: "I can't say" what led to IRS targeting
- Top Obama officials knew about IRS probe, says WH
- Letter to a young scandalmonger
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet