Clinton Breaks Her Elbow After Fall
President Obama's disabled list is growing.
(AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)
The latest news is that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton fractured her right elbow after a fall on her way to the White House on Wednesday.
Clinton was treated and released from a hospital near the State Department headquarters. Her chief of staff says she will undergo surgery in the coming week, reports the Associated Press.
The secretary has not made any public appearances since the fall. She was scheduled to appear with actress Angelina Jolie today at an event marking World Refugee Day, but it looks like that will no longer happen.
Clinton's fall follows another high profile fall by Sonia Sotomayor, Mr. Obama's nominee for the Supreme Court, who fractured her ankle at the airport 10 days ago on her way to Washington to meet with senators.
This epidemic is also spreading abroad. Last weekend, former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher was left with a broken arm after a fall at her home. Her spokesman today said she will soon have surgery for the injury.
Popular in Politics
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 145 Comments
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 275 Comments
- Obama: Racism is no excuse for not excelling Play Video
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 363 Comments
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 424 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups 72 Comments