Diplomacy Among Delicacies
After a day of meetings and press conferences, President Obama showed up to 10 Downing Street for a working dinner with the leaders of the G20 countries. Though diplomacy has gone on all day, the dinner marks the official start of the summit.
Besides a chance at table negotiations, the dinner was also a chance for British Prime Minister Gordon Brown to show off the best of British seasonal fare and the skills of TV chef Jamie Oliver and his apprentices, who prepared the food. The meal featured foods like slow-roasted shoulder of Welsh lamb and baked Scottish salmon, along with vegetarian alternatives.
Mr. Obama was seated between the leaders of Germany and South Korea and across from the president of Argentina.
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface
- Obama: America at a "crossroads" in fighting terrorism
- Drones, Gitmo part of broad Obama counterterrorism speech
- IRS official Lois Lerner placed on leave
- Lawmakers push to punish sexual offenders in the military
- Boehner calls out Obama administration's "arrogance of power" 86 Comments
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 963 Comments
- Could the GOP pull an upset in Mass. senate race?