Biden's Mother Has Hip Surgery
Yesterday, we learned that Vice President Joe Biden's morther, Catherine Eugenia "Jean" Biden, was hospitalized after a fall at her home in Delaware.
(AP Photo/Ron Edmonds)
Today, Mrs. Biden had surgery for a hip fracture at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Here's a statement on her condition from the vice president's office:
"The Vice President's mother, Catherine Eugenia "Jean" Biden, underwent surgery this morning for a hip fracture at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. She is recovering well and is in stable condition. Dr. Samir Mehta, the chief of the Division of Orthopaedic Trauma at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, performed the surgery, which involved applying a plate and screw device to Mrs. Biden's hip. Dr. Mehta is pleased with the outcome of the surgery."
Popular in Politics
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 308 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 322 Comments
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 404 Comments
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people 261 Comments
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016 241 Comments