Day 30: Obama Unveils Mortgage Relief Plan
On his thirtieth day in office, President Obama unveiled a $75 billion plan to keep up to 9 million Americans from losing their homes to foreclosure.
(AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)
"In the end, all of us are paying a price for this home mortgage crisis," Mr. Obama said. "And all of us will pay an even steeper price if we allow this crisis to deepen." (Full remarks here.)
Watch Chip Reid's CBS Evening News report on the president's day below.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- The Ted Cruz conundrum
- As summer approaches, sequestration threatens holiday fun
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 197 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 346 Comments