Obama Orders Halt To All Pending Regulations
The partying is not yet over, but the Obama administration is already getting to work.
This afternoon, White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel signed a memorandum to stop all pending regulations until a legal and policy review can be conducted by the new administration, CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller reports. The memo was sent to all agencies and departments.
The information was revealed in the White House press office's first release under President Obama.
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 437 Comments
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 217 Comments
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor 104 Comments
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test 67 Comments
- Will tornado relief funding escape politics?
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 213 Comments
- Va. GOP candidate won't apologize for comments on abortion, gays
- U.S. IDs several men possibly responsible for Benghazi attack