Kerry: Kennedy In "Good Shape"
WASHINGTON - Sen. John Kerry spoke to reporters after visiting Sen. Ted Kennedy briefly at the Washington Hospital Center in the nation's capitol.
(AP Photo/Ron Edmonds)
Kerry said the senior senator from Massachusetts is in "good shape" and had a "mild seizure," something he's undergone before and "goes with the territory" of having his form of cancer. He said Kennedy "joked a little bit about what happened" and is grateful for the telephone calls he's received.
Kerry said Kennedy is expected to stay the night at the hospital. He didn't think Barack Obama had spoken to Sen. Kennedy yet.
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface 122 Comments
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 276 Comments
- Now, some unions upset over Obamacare
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 95 Comments
- IRS official Lois Lerner placed on leave 130 Comments
- Rand Paul uses 2016 bully pulpit to push Obama on drones
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video