487 Days At Camp David For Bush
George W. Bush is today making his final visit to Camp David as president.
(AP Photo/Lawrence Jackson)
He will likely miss the place: According to CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller, today's trip marks Mr. Bush's 149th visit to the presidential retreat. The planned three-day stay, during which the president is being joined by family and former and current aides, will bring his total time spent at Camp David to all or part of 487 days.
Yes, that's 487 days. And Camp David is not even where the president has spent the most time when not at the White House: Knoller reports that Mr. Bush has made 77 visits to his ranch in Crawford during his presidency, and spent all or part of 490 days there.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 185 Comments
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester
- Palin Image: Confident, Secure Play Video
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 293 Comments