Obama Economic Speech Thursday
President-elect Barack Obama plans to give a major economic speech Thursday, an Obama spokesman confirms for CBSNews.com. No other details are available at this time.
Obama will meet with his economic team at the transition office in Washington, D.C. at 12:15pm today. He will also talk stimulus with Democratic and Republican leaders on Capitol Hill today.
Popular in Politics
- FBI director acknowledges domestic drone use 147 Comments
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story" 259 Comments
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 82 Comments
- Next up for Obama: Major effort on climate change
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 594 Comments
- IRS readying to pay $70M in employee bonuses, senator says
- Smooth, on-time Obamacare rollout no sure thing: GAO