Clinton on Qaddafi: "We came, we saw, he died"
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton shared a laugh with a television news reporter moments after hearing deposed Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi had been killed.
"We came, we saw, he died," she joked when told of news reports of Qaddafi's death by an aide in between formal interviews.
Clinton was in Tripoli earlier this week for talks with leaders of Libya's National Transitional Council (NTC).
The reporter asked if Qaddafi's death had anything to do with her surprise visit to show support for the Libyan people.
"No," she replied, before rolling her eyes and saying "I'm sure it did" with a chuckle.
"Don't shoot": Qaddafi's last moments
Photos: The death of Qaddafi
Photos: The life of Qaddafi
Obit: Qaddafi's warped vision maddened world
Graphic: Dramatic video shows Qaddafi's final moments
Graphic: Qaddafi's body carried by jubilant crowd
"60 Minutes" 2001 interview with Qaddafi
Special section: Anger in the Arab world
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 187 Comments
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Palin Image: Confident, Secure Play Video
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 293 Comments
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester