Sarah Palin to appear at Labor Day Tea Party rally in New Hampshire
Sarah Palin will join the Tea Party Express at a New Hampshire rally on Monday, the group announced this week, keeping up the former governor's tour of early primary states and adding fuel to speculation about her political future.
Palin will appear at a Labor Day rally in Manchester. She is already slated to appear in Iowa -- another early presidential nominating state -- on Saturday. Tea Party Express Chair Amy Kremer called Palin "an electrifying figure" and "a hero to the tea party movement."
Presidential candidate Mitt Romney is also expected to attend the Manchester rally before heading to a presidential candidates' forum in South Carolina, hosted by Sen. Jim DeMint.
It's an open question as to whether Palin will jump into the GOP presidential race, or when she would make such an announcement. Her trips to states like Iowa and New Hampshire suggest she's still considering it. Palin stole some of the limelight from the current GOP candidates by making an appearance an Iowa the same week as the influential Ames Straw Poll.
Popular in Politics
- FBI director acknowledges domestic drone use 154 Comments
- Next up for Obama: Major effort on climate change
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities 77 Comments
- Michelle Obama and daughters tour Berlin Play Video
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 598 Comments
- IRS readying to pay $70M in employee bonuses, senator says
- IRS scandal: Is partisanship overshadowing facts?