Is Palin preparing for a 2012 run?
Earlier this week, Real Clear Politics' Scott Conroy broke news that Former GOP Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin is heading back to Iowa in September, sparking speculation that she is planning a 2012 presidential run. CBS News senior political producer Rob Hendin sat down with Conroy to discuss the chances of a 2012 Palin presidential campaign.
"A campaign is at least still possible, if not likely," said Conroy.
Though Palin has been off the radar recently, Conroy warns not to discount her yet.
"I'm told that she's basically been immersing herself in policy and studying up," he said of her absence.
As for husband Todd Palin, Conroy notes that he "seemed very gung-ho" about the idea of a 2012 presidential run.
Watch the video on the left to see more of what Conroy had to say about a 2012 Palin presidential campaign.
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface
- Drones, Gitmo part of broad Obama counterterrorism speech
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 684 Comments
- House passes GOP bill to speed Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Christie: Keep politics out of Oklahoma disaster relief
- Amid scrutiny of commerce pick, White House confident about her fate
- Former Miss America might challenge McConnell
- Obama to view Oklahoma tornado damage Sunday