Herman Cain to release a memoir in October
In what seems to be a right of passage for all potential and actual presidential candidates, Herman Cain has signed a book deal.
The book will be titled "Who is Herman Cain?" and will be a memoir released in October by Threshold Editions, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, The New York Times reports. (Editor's note: Simon & Schuster is a division of CBS.)
Cain, a Tea Party favorite, will write about his professional successes as a mathematician for the Department of the Navy, a talk show host and a chief executive of Godfather's Pizza, the Times reports. The book will also discuss Cain's conservative social values.
Most of Cain's competitors, from former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney to former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, already have books out, and an announcement is expected soon for a book by Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, the Associated Press reports.Electability vs. ideology: The GOP dilemma
GOP 2012: It's still too early for most voters
Herman Cain: "I have a dream"
Cain has made a relatively strong showing in the early GOP presidential nomination race, coming in third in a recent Iowa straw poll, behind Romney and Bachmann.
Popular in Politics
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 202 Comments
- Jesse Jackson Jr. asks to serve jail sentence before wife
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows
- Obama: "Very easy to slip-slide" into deeper Syrian involvement 91 Comments
- IRS scandal: Is partisanship overshadowing facts? 172 Comments
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story"
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial
- Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voting law 932 Comments