Obama flubs in guest book, dates visit "2008"
President Obama slipped up when he signed the guest book at Westminster Abbey in London today.
Perhaps reminiscing over more exciting times for him, the president mistakenly wrote the date as "24 May 2008."
Above the date, Mr. Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama wrote, "It is a great privilege to commemorate our common heritage, and common sacrifice."
A Westminster Abbey spokesperson confirmed it was indeed Mr. Obama who wrote the wrong date, the Telegraph reports.
The president and first lady received a tour of Westminster Abbey this afternoon from the Dean of Westminster, the Very Reverend Dr. John Hall. Mr. Obama is currently on the second day of a six-day tour of Europe.
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 280 Comments
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 352 Comments
- FBI seeks anonymous source behind Menendez allegations
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people 253 Comments
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016 218 Comments
- House GOP to vote on Obamacare repeal - Vol. 37 928 Comments
- Obama: I didn't know about IRS report 608 Comments
- Immigration deal reached in House