Obama to speak on Middle East upheaval Thursday
In addition to the so-called "Arab Spring," the president is expected to discuss the stalled efforts toward peace between Israel and Palestine. Mr. Obama meets with Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu next week.
The announcement comes on the same day as word that George Mitchell, Mr. Obama's envoy in the Middle East, will resign.
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 436 Comments
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor 99 Comments
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test 61 Comments
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong"
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 200 Comments
- Will tornado relief funding escape politics?
- U.S. IDs several men possibly responsible for Benghazi attack
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK 1196 Comments