Michelle Obama shows off her dance moves
First Lady Michelle Obama made a surprise appearance at a D.C. middle school on Tuesday - and showed off some of her dance moves ("The Dougie" included) in a flash workout to Beyonce's "Move Your Body."
During the appearance, which was in conjunction with her anti-obesity "Let's Move" campaign, Obama joined 500 students in the national simulcast of a choreographed dance routine to the pop song, a Beyonce song that she rewrote expressly for the initiative.
"Beyonc? is one of my favorite performers on the planet. And when she agreed to remake her video and do this 'Let's Move' flash workout, I was so excited, because this is what we've been talking about -- that exercise and moving can be fun," Obama said in her remarks at D.C.'s Alice Deal Middle School. "It's about dancing, it's about moving."
Watch Beyonce's video for the workout song below.
Popular in Politics
- Michelle Obama decries "slander" that educated blacks are "trying to act white" Play Video
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet
- Both parties vow to "get to the bottom" of IRS scandal
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 239 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 187 Comments
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum 152 Comments
- Obama: Racism is no excuse for not excelling Play Video