Seth Meyers amuses at White House Correspondents' dinner
The White House Correspondents' dinner highlight is always the comedian chosen to rip into the Washington political and media elite. "Saturday Night Live" Weekend Update host Seth Meyers did not disappoint, giving President Obama some good ribbing, as well as other attendees, including the controversial Donald Trump.
Meyers told Mr. Obama, "When you were sworn in, you looked like the guy from the Old Spice commercials. Now you look like Louis Gosset Sr. I've never said this to anyone, but maybe you should start smoking again."
Trump was an easy target for Meyers: "Donald Trump has been saying he would run for president as a Republican, which is surprising since I just assumed he was running as a joke. "
Popular in Politics
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 78 Comments
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 176 Comments
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Smooth, on-time Obamacare rollout no sure thing: GAO
- Bill Ayers: Obama should be tried for war crimes
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial
- Treasury secretary's loopy signature is now less loopy