Ann Coulter Wants "More Jailed Journalists" (VIDEO)
During a question and answer session at the Conservative Political Action conference Saturday, conservative commentator Ann Coulter was asked what is more important to America's values: maintaining a strong relationship with Israel or "knowing there are jailed dissidents and journalists."
"What do you mean, 'knowing that there are jailed journalists?'" Coulter answered. "I think there should be more jailed journalists."
Coulter received a raucous round of applause from the audience for her response.
The comments were sparked by a question about why Coulter and other Republicans advocate for free elections in Iraq but warn against them in Egypt.
Coulter, echoing John Bolton, said that pre-revolution Egypt was an ally of the United States and "you don't go around disturbing countries where you have a loyal ally."
Watch Coulter's comments above.
Popular in Politics
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 651 Comments
- Obama to view Oklahoma tornado damage Sunday
- Christie: Keep politics out of Oklahoma disaster relief
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
- Former Miss America might challenge McConnell
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor 120 Comments
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test 68 Comments
- Poll: Most think IRS targeting was deliberate 279 Comments