Is Obama Planning a Super Bowl Trip?
President Obama is without doubt an ardent Chicago Bears fan. But will he be headed to the Super Bowl if his favorite football team makes it to the big game?
"Oh, we're going," Mr. Obama said in response to a reporter's query today. "If the Bears are in the Super Bowl, we're going."
The question came during a photo op Mr. Obama had with Chinese President Hu Jintao in the Oval Office.
The president's home team plays the Green Bay Packers for the NFC Championship on Sunday.
Back in 2006, with speculation swirling about his political future, then-Sen. Obama appeared in a video in which he teased viewers about a possible presidential bid -- but instead cheered for the Bears to win the Super Bowl.
"I'd like to announce to my hometown of Chicago and all of America that I am ready," Mr. Obama said, putting on a Bears baseball cap, "for the Bears to go all the way, baby!"
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface 103 Comments
- Obama: America at a "crossroads" in fighting terrorism 104 Comments
- IRS official Lois Lerner placed on leave
- Protester heckles Obama during counterterrorism speech Play Video
- Rep. Jo Bonner to resign from House for university job
- Obama announces steps toward Guantanamo closure
- Obama: The war on terror, "like all wars, must end" Play Video
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie