Obama Related to Palin, Limbaugh, Ancestry.com Finds
President Obama may not have much in common with Sarah Palin or Rush Limbaugh, but they do share some distant relatives, according to Ancestry.com.
The online family history resource found that the president and the former Alaska governor are 10th cousins through common ancestor John Smith. Mr. Obama and Limbaugh, the conservative radio host, are also apparently 10th cousins once removed via common ancestor Richmond Terrell.
The website reports it found a number of other distant family ties between politicians. Mr. Obama and former President George W. Bush are apparently 11th cousins, as are Mr. Bush and Palin. The former gop vice presidential candidate can also claim Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and conservative commentator Ann Coulter as distant cousins.
The president has been genetically linked to other prominent figures in the past. In 2008, for instance, researchers said Mr. Obama shares ties to actor Brad Pitt, and in 2007, former Vice President Dick Cheney was linked to the president.
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface 118 Comments
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 189 Comments
- Now, some unions upset over Obamacare
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen.
- IRS official Lois Lerner placed on leave 128 Comments
- Rand Paul uses 2016 bully pulpit to push Obama on drones
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Boehner calls out Obama administration's "arrogance of power" 141 Comments